• A Practical Sanskrikt Dictionary,
by A. A. Macdonell, 1893,
- Nataraj ed., 1st in 2006, 2012.
- https://dsal.uchicago.edu/dictionaries/macdonell/ 190516
• The Buddhist Hybrid Sanskrit Grammar and Dictionary, BHS, vol.2, by F. Edgerton, pp. 627.
- FEdgerton-BHSD<Ô> / Bkp<Ô> (link chk 180627)
• The Student's Pali English dictionary , by U Pe Maung Tin, 1920.
- (ref: UPMT-PEDxxx). Downloaded copies in TIL HD-PDF and SD-PDF libraries:
- UPMT-PaliDict1920<Ô> / bkp<Ô> (link chk 190113)
• Pali-Myanmar Dictionary (in Pal-Myan), by U Hoke Sein,
- (ref: UHS-PMD). The dictionary in printed form is in TIL Research Library.
• Latin-English Vocabulary II, by Hans H Ørberg, 1998
- HHOrberg-LinguaLatina<Ô> / Bkp<Ô> (link chk 190624)
Edited by U Kyaw Tun (UKT) (M.S., I.P.S.T., USA),
Daw Khin Wutyi, Daw Thuzar Myint, Daw Zinthiri Han
and staff of Tun Institute of Learning (TIL).
Not for sale. No copyright. Free for everyone.
Prepared for students and staff of TIL
Research Station, Yangon, MYANMAR
- http://www.tuninst.net , www.romabama.blogspot.com
UKT notes :
Contents of this page
- ad. according to the commodity; -̮aparâdha-danda, a. punishing in proportion to guilt; -parîttam, ad. as delivered up; -puram, ad. as before; -pûrva, a. being as before: (á)-m, ad. as before; in succession, one after the other; -pragñam, ad. to the best of one's knowledge; -pratyaksha-darsanam, ad. as if actually seen; -pradishtam, ad. as prescribed, duly; -pradesam, ad. in its respective place; in the proper place; in all directions; according to precept; -pradhânam, ad. according to size; according to precedence; -pravesam, ad. as one has entered; -prasnam, ad. in accordance with the questions; -prastutam, ad. as had already been begun, at length; -prânam, ad. according to one's strength, with all one's might; -prânena, in. ad. id.; -prâpta, pp. as fallen in with, the first that occurs; as resulting from circumstances, suitable; resulting from a preceding grammatical rule: -m, ad. according to the rule, regularly; -prârthitam, ad. as requested; -phalam, ad. according to the produce; -balám, ad. according to one's power, with all one's might; according to the condition of the army; -bîgam, ad. according to the seed; -buddhi, ad. to the best of one's knowledge; -bhâgám, ad. according to the share; in one's respective place; in the right place; -bhâganam, ad. respectively in the right place; -bhâva, m. condition of how it is, true state; fate; -̮abhipreta, pp. wished for, desirable (--°): -m, ad. according to desire, as any one (g.) likes; -̮abhimata, pp. desired: -m, ad. according to desire, to one's heart's content, -desa, m. desired place, whatever place one likes; -̮abhirukita, pp. liked, favourite; -̮abhilashita, wished for, desirable; -̮abhîshta, pp. desired: -dis, f. place desired by each; -bhûtam, ad. according to what has happened, truly; -bhûmi, ad. into the respective country; -̮abhyarthita, pp. previously requested; -maṅgalam, ad. according to the respective custom; -mati, ad. as seems fit to any one (g.); to the best of one's understanding; -manas, ad. to one's heart's content; -mukhyam, ad. as regards the chief persons; -mukhyena, in. ad. chiefly, above all; -̮âmnâtam, ad. as handed down in the text.
- ad. fitly, properly, in due order; one after the other, gradually; -yukta, pp. regarding (lc.): -m, ad. according to circumstances, suitably; -yukti, ad. id.: -tas, ad. id.; -yogam, ad. id.; according to usage; -yogena, in. ad. according to circumstances, suitably; -yogyam, ad. as is fit, properly, suitably; -̮ârabdha, pp. previously begun; -̮ârambham, ad. according to the beginning, in the same order; -rukam, -ruki, ad. according to taste; -rûpa, a. of what kind; having a suitable appearance, extremely beautiful; very great: (á)-m, ad. suitably; rightly, truly; according to appearance.
- a. conformable to reality, appropriate (name), suitable; correct, true (also of a dream), in the true sense of the word (life): °-- or (á)-m, ad. in accordance with the object or need, suitably, fitly, appropriately; in accordance with reality, accurately; at pleasure; -ka, a. correct; coming true (dream); -krita-nâman, a. appropriately named; -tattvam, ad. in accordance with the actual truth; -tas, ad. in accordance with truth; -tâ, f. appropriateness (of a name); -nâma-ka, a. bearing an appropriate name: -tva, n. appropriateness of name; -nâman, a. having an appropriate name; -̮akshara, a. true to the letter; -̮âkhya, a. bearing an appropriate name.
Contents of this page
- pp. as requested, previously asked; -̮arthi-tvam, ad. according to the intention; -̮arpita, pp. as delivered up; -̮arha, a. according to deserts or merit, suitable: °-- or -m, ad. in accordance with merit or worth, worthily, suitably, justly: -tas, ad. id.; -labdha, pp. such as comes to hand; -lâbha, °-- or -m, ad. just as it happens to be; -liṅgam, ad. according to the characteristic.
- ad. according to space; into the proper place; according to or on the first opportunity; -vakanakârin, a. acting according to orders, obedient; -vakanam, ad. according to the expression; -vat, ad. exactly as it is or should be, according to usage, in due order, suitably, fitly, correctly, accurately;=yathâ, as (rare); -vayas, ad. according to age; of the same age; -vasám, ad. according to one's will or pleasure (V.); -̮avasaram, ad. at every opportunity; -vastu, ad. in accordance with the facts, accurately, truly; -̮avastham, ad. in accordance with the condition or circumstances; -̮avasthita̮artha-kathana, n. description of a matter in accordance with facts; -̮âvâsam, ad. to one's respective dwelling; -vittam, ad. in accordance with the find; in proportion to property; -vidha, a. of what kind; -vidhânam, ad. according to prescription or rule, duly; -vidhânena, in ad. id.; -vidhi, ad. id.; in due form, suitably; according to the deserts of (g.); -viniyogam, ad. in the order stated; -vibhava, °--, -m, or -tas, ad. in proportion to means or income; -vibhâgam, ad. in accordance with the share; -vishayam, ad. according to the thing in question; -vîrya, a. having what strength: -m, ad. in proportion or with regard to valour; -vritta, pp. as happened; how conducting oneself: °-- or -m, ad. as it happened, in accordance with the facts, circumstantially; according to the metre; n. previous event; actual facts, details of an event; -vrittânta, m.(?) experience, adventure; -vriddha, °-- or -m, according to age, by seniority; -vyavahâram, ad. in accordance with usage; -vyutpatti, ad. according to the degree of culture; -sakti, -saktyâ, ad. according to one's power, to the utmost of one's power, as far as possible; -̮âsayam, ad. according to wish; according to the conditions or premises; -sâstra, °-- or -m, according to prescribed rules or the institutes of the law; -sîlam, ad. according to the character; -sraddhám, ad. according to inclination; -̮âsramam, ad. according to the stage of religious life; -̮âsrayam, ad. in regard to the connexion; -srâddham, ad. in accordance with the funeral feast; -srutam, pp. as heard of: -m, ad. as one heard it; in accordance with knowledge; incorr. for -sruti; -sruti, ad. according to the precepts of the Veda; -samstham, ad. according to circumstances; -sakhyam, ad. in proportion to friendship; -samkalpita, pp. as wished; -samkhyam, -samkhyena, ad. according to number, number for number, in such a way that the numbers of two equal series correspond numerically (the first to the first, the second to the second, etc.); -saṅgam, ad. according to need, adequately; -satyam, ad. in accordance with truth, truthfully; -samdishtam, ad. as directed; -̮âsannam, ad. as soon as come near; -samayam, ad. at the proper time; -samarthitam, ad. as has been con sidered good; -samâmnâtam, ad. as mentioned; -samîhita, pp. as desired: -m, ad. according to wish (Pr.); -samuditám, ad. as agreed; -sampad, ad. as it happens; -sampratyayam, ad. according to agreement; -sampradâyam, ad. as handed down; -sambandham, ad. according to the relationship; -sambhava, a. corresponding as far as possible: -m, ad. according to the connexion, respectively; -sambhavin, a., -sambhâvita, pp. corresponding; -sâma, ad. according to the sequence of the Sâmans; -sâram, ad. according to the quality; -siddha, pp. as happening to be ready; -sukha, °-- or -m, ad. at pleasure; at ease, comfortably; pleasantly, conveniently; -sukha-mukha, a. facing any way one pleases; -sûktam, ad. hymn by hymn; -sûkshma, a. pl. according to size from the smallest onwards: -m, ad.; -̮astam, ad. to one's respective home; -sthâna, n. proper place (only lc. sg. & pl.); a. being in the proper place: (á)-m, ad. to or in the proper place; -sthitam, ad. according to one's stand; as it stands, certainly, surely; -sthiti, ad. according to custom, as usual; -sthûla, °-- or -m, ad. in the rough, without going into detail; -smriti, ad. according to one's recollection; according to the rules of the law-books; -sva, a. one's (his, their) respective: °-- or -m, ad. each his own, each individually or in his own way, respectively; -svaira, °-- or -m, ad. at pleasure, without restraint; -̮âhâra, a. eating whatever comes to hand.
Contents of this page
- ad. as seen with one's own eyes; -̮ikkha, a. according to desire: °-- or -m, ad. in accordance with desire, at pleasure, as one likes; -̮ikkhakam, -̮ikkhayâ, ad. id.; -̮etám, (pp.) ad. as come; -̮îpsayâ, in. ad. according to desire; -̮îpsita, pp. as desired: -m, ad. according to wish.
- pp. such as desired: °or -m, ad. according to wish: -gati, a. going wherever one likes; -samkârin, a. id.; -̮âsana, a. sitting as one likes.
- pp. as said or stated, aforesaid, previously mentioned or discussed: °-- or -m, e-na, ad. in the manner stated or prescribed; according to request; -̮uktakârin, a. acting as prescribed above; -̮uktavâdin, a. reporting what he has been told (messenger); -̮ukita, pp. suitable, fit, proper: °-- or -m, ad. becomingly, fitly, suitably; -̮uggitam, ad. according to the victory gained; -̮uttara, a. following in succession: -m, ad. one after the other, in succession; -̮utsâha, a. according to one's power: -m, ad. to the best of one's ability; -̮udayam, ad. in proportion to income, according to one's means; -̮udita, pp. as stated, before-mentioned: -m, ad.; -̮udgamana, °-- ad. in rising proportion; -̮uddishta, pp. as stated, enumerated above; as directed by (in.): -m, ad. in the manner stated; -̮uddesam, ad. in the manner indicated; -̮upagosham, ad. at pleasure, comfortably; -̮upadishta, pp. as stated, previously indicated: -m, ad. in the manner stated or prescribed; -̮upadesam, ad. as stated or instructed, in accordance with precept or prescribed teaching; -̮upa-pâdam, ad. just as or where it happens; -̮upayoga, °-- or -m, ad. according to use, requirements, or circumstances; -̮upalambham, ad. however one lays hold of it; -̮upâdhi, ad. according to the conditions or premises; -̮upta, pp. as sown, according to the seed; -̮aukityam (or ât), in a suitable manner.
• यद्् [yá-d] what, which; cj. that (introducing oratio recta, gnly. without iti, after verbs of saying, thinking, etc.); (so) that (rare); as to the fact that (corr. tad, therein); wherefore, on which account (rare); when (V.); if (V.; in Br. with pot. to express an unfulfilled condition); since, because, inasmuch as (corr. tad, therefore; common); in order that (rare); ádha yád, even if, although (RV.); yad api, although; yad u -- evam, as -- so (V.); yad uta, that; that is to say; yat kila, that; yak ka, if that is to say; yad vâ, or else (very common in comm.); however; yad vâ -- yadi vâ, if -- or if.
Contents of this page
Contents of this page
End of TIL file